Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Michael Jackson*


Nine albums. Nine consecutive bulletproof albums. Is the man weird, without a doubt. Is the man talented, without question. I was born in the Michael Jackson Era. My favorite song or video is "Rock With You" from my favorite album Off the Wall. I remember being, like everyone else at the time, obsessed with the "Thriller" video. I had to learn the dance and did. I think as much as I loved his music, his videos played an equal role in pulling me in. "Billy Jean," "Beat It," "Scream," "Leave Me Alone" these were amazing. Oh and how could I forget "Don't Stop 'til You Get Enough." GET UP! And who remembers Captain EO? Yes! Captain. Freakin'. EO! I know I saw it when I went to Disneyland but I'm almost certain it was shown on TV at least once before. I still say Gene Roddenberry pulled his idea for the Borg from Captain EO. I don't even need to talk about his albums for you to know them. That's how great his music is. I can sit here reminiscing about old times and you can relate to all of it. That's how universal his music is. Michael Jackson's music is like the universal language on Earth. Probably in space too! Where were you when the "Smooth Criminal" video debuted? I remember it was on, seemingly, every channel!!! If you aren't listening to Michael Jackson, you had better be deaf.



I used to think "Say, say, say" was MJ's song. It's still dope.

*we're going to pretend that Invincible never happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment