Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The Bird and the Bee


If you were to ask me, "what is the greatest music label of all time," I would quickly reply, “Blue Note.” Blue note has had everybody on it; Miles, Monk, Mingus, Mcferrin, even Madlib! So, when I made my regular stop by the Blue Note site to see what’s new and I see these two goofy looking White people, my curiosity took over. A few minutes later I was listening “Again & Again.” The Bird and the Bee is not a jazz band. Their music is more indy electronic, like Psapp, or Frou Frou. Fortunately, their music is just as good as them as well. Their debut self titled album was incredible. Their numerous EPs make you hunger for more. Their sound is quirky and dreamy, and where I lack in eloquence, I’ll let their music speak. You should be listening to the Bird and the Bee.

1 comment: